6. When in a totally obscure unknown town (or when you have only a few hours to visit) either ask for the center (duh…) or just pick a bus/tram/subway, randomly, from the front of the train station. You always find buses there. Don’t search for info places. They are either closed, with absurd opening hours, or in absurd parts of the city.
7. Whenever in public transport, you are just a “stupid ignorant foreigner”, and you only speek your native language (try to make it unrecognizable), and you never heard of such a mind blowing notion as “tickets”. You will save hundreds of euros…
Disclaimer: Do this on your own risk… If any ticket controllers are reading this, please use your sense of humor :)
8. I can’t emphasise enough the importance of having good rechargeable batteries. Oh yes…and keep them charged :)
9. Ok, I changed my mind. A GPS, just for safety, is good to have around. Especially in France or around Utrecht. Or in Romania if you’re not Romanian. Or in Hungarian cities.
10. Always keep some empty clean plastic bags with you. You might use them whenever you expect the least (see pic).
…to be continued…